WHAT IS YOUR STORY OF RESILIENCE?
Kuumba Publishing is open for submissions for The Color of My Resilience: A Self-Care Journal and Guidebook for Black Men.
- Do you have a story of resilience ( your struggles, your challenges, your grit) that will speak to other black/African American males?
- Do you have a story that will inspire, empower, or simply resonate with the lived experiences of black/ African American males?
- Do you have a story of fostering self-care, managing emotions, building community, or getting to know and love self?
If so, KP invites you to submit your story of resilience.
Accepted submissions will be included in the guidebook as a "His Story of Resilience" page.
- Personal essay memoir is 500 - 700 words in length
- Essay is of a personal story of resilience
- Essay is author's original work and hasn't been previously published (online or print)
- Author is a male from the African diaspora or African continent
- 12 pt Times New Roman
- 1.5 line spacing
- DOCX or DOC
Payment and Terms:
- .08 word one time payment
- First Use and 6 months exclusivity with the author retaining all other rights to the work
September 30, 2020
Please allow 4 weeks after the submission deadline for a response. If you do not hear from us after 4 weeks, feel free to inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org